Web Dev News

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Vivisimo - New clustering style search engine - to rival Google?

Nice new Search Engine site that I found: http://vivisimo.com/.

Search results are organized by "clusters" on the left-hand side of your screen. I was surprised, but this technique is actually a fantastic idea. The immediate benefit is that searches for ambigous terms can be separated by their different concepts.

For example, a search for the phrase: "physics wave" yields clusters for "gravitational wave", "quantum", "mathematical", "wave motion" etc. It immediately asks me the questions, what type of specific physics wave are you looking for? Then by clicking on the appropriate cluster I'm already narrowing my search again to find more appropriate results.

Great concept and Go Vivisimo!

Only problem is that the search engine is so hard to spell! :) ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home